Chicken salad with new potatoes, broad beans and feta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g new potatoes, halved
- 250 g broad beans, podded (or frozen if preferred)
- 80 g fresh peas, shelled (or frozen if preferred)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp basil oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 handful fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line a baking tray with ovenproof paper. Pour the olive oil over the new potatoes, season generously with salt and pepper and using your hands, give them a good mix to ensure the potatoes are well coated with oil and seasoning. Pour the potatoes onto the baking tray and roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes until they golden brown.
2. While the potatoes are in the oven, boil the broad beans for 5 minutes and then add the peas into the same pot and boil together for a further 4-5 minutes before draining them and plunging straight into cold water.
3. Preheat a large frying pan over a medium heat and using a sharp knife, open up the chicken breast by cutting through the thicker end to butterfly it out and make the meat an even thickness all across. Drizzle a little oil into the frying pan, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and pan fry for 8 minutes on each side, then remove from heat and allow to rest in the same pan.
4. Mix the basil oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl to make a dressing. Once the potatoes are out of the oven, pour half of the dressing straight onto the potatoes and allow them to absorb the dressing for a few minutes.
5. Add the peas, broad beans and fresh dill to the potatoes and crumble the feta cheese onto them. Combine gently using your hands and arrange on plates.
6. Cut each chicken breast into three strips, arrange on top of the potatoes then drizzle the remaining dressing liberally over the chicken and vegetables before serving.